Coffee bean + boiling water = sweet aroma

Patience. So I'll wait for the sweet aromaaaa

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Here comes my Indian Accent



Aha! Care for South Indian Food anyone?

If you recall, I have had a couple of posts on Chellas, Little India. However, this one beats Chellas hands down. I must say you pay for what you munch. I'm not sure if this is an 'Up-class' place but we were the only Chinese there then... haha, the others were ex-pats.

This quiet little restaurant is located at the basement of Tanglin Shopping Centre and it turned out to be pretty promising. Small in its space and could possibly house up to 25pax at most. You get to choose between buffet and ala carte. We went straight for the ala carte.

There was only a small selection but from the list comes a niche or rather, a twist in taste, texture and overall experience compared to the usual shop houses. I didn't really know what to order...safest choice would be Onion Rava Masala Dosa. The Crepe somewhat taste crispy and toasted to the right degree without making it overly dry. The onion, even Jacqueline agreed, was of a type apart from the ones we have in the NTUCs. It was served on a white porcelain plate and came across as something neat. I think my standard for Dosas just went up.

Jac went for the Onion and Chilli Uttappam. The last time I tried 'Uttappam', it left me feeling rather disappointed. This one basically rescued the reputation of 'Uttappam'! YUMMY! At an affordable price that goes below $10 for almost every item, it's a possible place to go for an sumptuous meal! (Oh, I forgot to add that you will carry the same fragrance as the shop later on)

Except for the walk you need to take just to get to that almost forsaken shopping mall, it's worth the while. The manager actually recommended particular restaurants to visit should you want to try authentic & delicious Indian Food. Interestingly, he wasn't very supportive that we get our tastes of Indian Food from Little India. Hmm...

Price? Affordable. Both of us had our fill for merely $25 at an established restaurant.
Ambience? None. I had a hard time trying to make out what the waitor was saying. Maybe only Jac can cipher his unique manner of word pronunciation.

gosh...I think I need a small camera, if not a decent camera phone better than this one I'm holding onto.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters