Coffee bean + boiling water = sweet aroma

Patience. So I'll wait for the sweet aromaaaa

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Max Brenner Chocs (Dark chocs in particular!)

Haha, read this comment from a reviewer about dark chocs and I found it pretty interesting:

"In the beginning, the Lord created chocolate, and he saw that it was good. Then he separated the light from the dark, and it was better."

And thus, dark chocolates!
Anyway....

Introducing the not so new, but may be new to some, "Max Brenner Chocolate Bar" located along the walkway in Esplanade.
I wouldn't say it's exactly affordable for me since I didn't plunge straight into the menu. It was with much caution that I stepped into that compound. It was someone, like I said I wouldn't want to mention names..., who wanted to try out that chocolate bar. (Disclaimer: It's not a bar per se, it's just the name of the shop.) Well, I reluctantly agreed although I must admit that the chocs they serve are GOOD.

Now, let's get into the items:

This, in particular, and I would suppose, is a must try. It's called Suckao mainly for 2 simple reasons. "Suck", because you will have to suck the content through the metal straw made to be a stirrer as the same time. "Kao" because the content is made up of thick luscious rich kakao! whoopido

The little container is warmed up by a tealight candle planted just beneath it. The warm milk will be poured into it to go with the chocolate bits. It's akin to drinking from a fondue except that the taste is slightly differently. I personally prefer this because of its uniqueness and the kakao taste which 'rawks'.

First up, we have our very own adventure racer who was there. (See, I didn't mention names right?) Here we go!

Step 1: Pour content into warm container. Have it mixed with the milk to desired proportion and thickness.

Step 2: Stir the contents and put a smile to the camera!

Step 3: Pose! & get ready for a thick lusciously rich chocolate drink.
There we have it, the product.
For some reason, I can't get the white balance right and the colours are a little saturated almost to the blending point. I still don't know how to fix this with ps.

Well, all in all, an experience, for $6.
(We happen to have also tried the "Venezula Chocolate drink". That was flavoured 'milk' and thus, does not qualify for this series of posts.) Interestingly, to drink that, you are supposed to 'hug' the cup and drink directly like how you finish the bowl of yong tau foo. It's served in a 'hug mug', as you can guess.

Next up, we also tried the Belgium Waffles.
Simple item, topped with cherries and a single scoop of vanilla. Not much to go with except for the dark choc sauce over it. Not too overpowering, but good enough for a waffle. Somewhat, I can't get the white balance right again. I should just stick to outdoors but that would also be another bag of tricks to learn.

My advice, if you are getting your first pay (say data-entry, marketing executive @AC Nielsen, teacher, intern @mindef, etc etc etc, tuition, you name it..), then you can consider going to this place with chocolate lovers. I'm not excluding people who enjoy milk chocolate because they have it there too!

But, of course, for tight budgeted students (gone in just a few more weeks) like me, I would often think twice before stepping in to indulge in the nicely grown, thick and palatial chocs. It's delectable! but puts a straight hole into the pocket. You can't stop at just one cup, seriously... at least not for me. That was one reason why I refrained from getting any item off the menu that evening.

Seems like the posts on dark chocs have stirred up a slight commotion in the tagboard. I shall cease on talking abt dark chocs for a while, perhaps resume it in the near future. As for now, we'll focus on food. =]
Next destination: HERE.

yum yum! taipei's coming soon, soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters