Coffee bean + boiling water = sweet aroma

Patience. So I'll wait for the sweet aromaaaa

Sunday, August 03, 2008

"wah liew eh"

Ahaha, food therapy does me no good except than to understand why so many people around the world enjoy cooking. There's really so much more to look forward to than dwell on things of the past and not move on. Sigh, just let me off all of you. Monsters.

Ah...food. I have been trying quite a few places but am conscious of what goes in and the things I do to compensate it.

First up, Waraku. I must admit it's not one of those 'top of the list' places that I am most keen to visit. Mr. Ang wanted it.


This is an interesting one and I would say it's worth the cents compared to the other dishes on the list. Hmm, the beef gets gently heated by the small fire from beneath. The egg, after being beaten, goes over the beef and gets baked nicely. I must say it was an experience to gurp that amount of carbo. SEE, there's the noodle, egg and RICE!

Second pit stop: Bakerzin. I always had the impression that the food isn't worth the money. I was wrong, at least for the pastries and sandwiches. Jac had the waffle ice cream while I went for the Prawn Sandwich. The latter is a recommended by me since it's the 'cleanest' of all, no mushrooms, durians or pork lard. The Tiramisu, somehow, did not taste as good as it did when I was studying in the GSR almost 2 years back. Well, I finished it within minutes.







Second last stop: Fish 'n' Co. Who says I don't dare to eat mushrooms?! Someone tell me what this is:


This is called mushroom soup. I repeat, MUSHROOM SOUP.

Final lap: Shokudo. The Japanese food bazaar. I found this place to have a concept similar to that of 'Marche'. They use a 'tap the card' system that actually stores the amount you spent, right in the midst of the little credit card lookalike thing. Ah, the food there isn't that bad afterall.

Pricey? Not too bad.

Ambience? They do have a variety of seats and I give due credit to the designer of that place. It actually made me feel rather pleased and in fact, impressed. It would be an excellant place to go for a gathering. The variety of food isn't that bad at all. The grills are recommended, so is the crepe.


What you see here is a plate of BBQ-Grilled makanlicious prawn-wrapped-with-bacon, beef kebab and rice. The rice is especially tasty saved for it being salty. The prawns? Yes, please go for it. The bacon wouldn't kill you.

Will I be munching again soon? I hope so. Time will be tight in the coming week.

See, food cannot hide its true colours. If it's good, it's good.

Shioks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters