Coffee bean + boiling water = sweet aroma

Patience. So I'll wait for the sweet aromaaaa

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tic Toc

It's exciting to record your thoughts in writings and have them posted online. I recall vividly, some years ago, my Business Law Prof. Saw mentioned that once you upload anything online (send an email, blog post, pass a comment, upload a picture, etc), consider it sold to the world for free - this is so, even if it was 'online' for the shortest moment.

It heightens the excitement when you know at the back of your mind that someone related to you, is reading it too. So uploading a post has new meaning. For some, it's an expression for the intended parties to read and decipher the deeply or subtly embedded message. (For some, thy write plainly, and I really appreciate that at times.) It could range from pure joy to simple displeasure towards matters unresolved, dissatisfaction, or even sheer frustrations over matters beyond your circle of influence. Whatever it is, it sure has its unique manners of conveying strong messages. As a matter of fact, you might just be wondering what this post is all about. I shall torment you no longer.

I'm on board a train, enroute to my workplace and the stomach's rumbling. A lot has been on my mind - apart from much hair. Choices.

Author of 'Chasing Daylight' has a chapter on that which I felt was well written. A rather motivational writer, he orchestrated that chapter with realistic and convincing factors that trigger your thinking to do what you know is right. It's funny how our 'system' works eh? That's just how we're designed! Many times we are faced with the tough decisions of making choices that will potentially alter the course of your life for the next few years. Such decisions irk me because I'm just like you - laid back and resistant to changes. I specialize.

Often times, I remind myself of this truth - that there is never a 'no' to the things you want to achieve or reach. It would take merely two words "give up" to cause you to fail and fall away from what you desire.

On the other hand, giving up can be good too. If I'm addicted to a bad habit, giving up a certain lifestyle, that would ultimately free me, is a good form of 'giving up' ain't it?

It's amazing how an intellect can rationalize matters and justify actions. I witnessed a conversation that went something like this:

Context: Chinese New Year (and probably any other time)

A: "wah, you Christians can gamble and drink meh?"
B: "what's wrong with that?"

A: "I thought cannot one..."
B: "Aiyoh... this cannot, that cannot, you might as well say I cannot breathe.. anyway, this is just a form of celebration during this festive season what.."

I was about to add that there is nothing wrong with drinking, just don't drink for the wrong reasons and get drunk all over, stumbling others in the process. After all, legalism is not the way to go. However, the conversation obviously went the wrong way and I cannot associate myself with that statement of self-justification. That is - wrong. Giving up of old habits might well help you along the way of being a good testimony to those around you.

2.4km. Giving up seems easier nowadays. Weight increased. Waist size increased. Laziness increased. Appetite for food increased. Desire for sleep over exercise - also increased. But giving up means more corrective work in the next few weeks. They call it RT. Only then, would I look back in regret.

Why?

Because I gave up too early - not because I cannot, but I just chose to let go. That feeling sucks. We have all experienced it, and we never liked it.

Well, seems like giving up can happen - Only at the right season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters